Pixelic, Inc. operates the https://pixelic.io website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the Pixelic website.
Pixelic WILL NEVER SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR WORK TO ANYONE. Your privacy is on our top-priority. We promise we always do our best to protect your data and any kinds of information you give to us. We have strict internal rules for carrying out all data processing operations under compliance with EU General Data Protection Regulation("GDPR") as well as the Laws of California, and United States where Pixelic is incorporated.
Types of Personal Information We Collect and How We Use
For a better experience, while using Pixelic, we may require you directly or third-party services to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name and email address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you. These are the ways that Pixelic may collect Personal Information:
- You may provide information directly to Pixcelic while signing-up, using Services, subscribing to editorial content (blog, newsletter), and participating in surveys.
- As you use the Services, we collect certain passive information about your visit, including through cookies and analytics services as described below.
Your personal information which is relevant for the Purposes of Processing is so valuable to us and we always do our best to be transparent and honest. Personal Information we collect and how we use it is described below:
Types of Personal Information We Collect
Pixelic collects Personal Information regarding its customers, users, and visitors to our websites.
Information You Provide Directly to Pixelic
- User information. We may collect Personal Information from you while using Services like signing-up, registering newsletter, adding comments.
- User identifier: we may collect to identify among the other users such as email address, last and first name.
- Surveys. We may ask you to participate in surveys to improve Services. If you participate in the survey, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in surveys is provided by you voluntarily.
Information Collected Automatically
By Using Services. We may collect this information below: Internet Protocol(IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifier, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser ID, and other device identifier that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geolocation information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the data and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, another action taken through the use of the services such as preferences. If you are a guest of our services(non-signed in user), we may subsequently ascribe this information to your account if and when you create an account.
How We Use Your Information
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested
Pixelic may use your information to meet requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including:
- Generally manage Individual information and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Pixelic's Services;
- Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support;
- Allow you to register for events.
Pixelic may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in Pixelic’s Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on Pixelic’s Services and systems, and, in Pixelic’s discretion, changes to any Pixelic’s policy;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment for products or services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms.
Marketing Our Products and Services
Pixelic may use your information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services via the email address you provided. Such uses include:
- To make marketing contents of advertisements, blog posts, newsletters, and offers;
- To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide Services to you; For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information;
- To collect information such as email address; or
- Otherwise with your consent
You may contact the Pixelic team at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described below. We also provide relevant opt-out options for you.
Research and Development
Pixelic may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services.
From time to time, Pixelic may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third-Party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
Third Party Marketing
Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from Third Parties, may receive periodic emails from us with information on Pixelic's or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the Individual by following the instructions below.
Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use
Pixelic may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified geo-location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Pixelic’s Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Pixelic may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Pixelic and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
Sharing Content with Teammates/Coworkers/Others
Pixelic's Services may offer referral program. For example, Pixelic let you provide information about your friends through our referral program, such as “Invite a Friend”. Our referral program may allow you to forward or share certain content with friends or teammates, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by Pixelic or any other Third Parties for any other purpose.
Pixelic may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
Cookies, Analytics, and other Service Providers
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
Technologies and third party services and how to opt-out("Do Not Track")
- Cookies: cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most modern web browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Website may not work properly.
- Google Analytics: we use Google Analytics service powered by Google("Google Analytics", "GA") to analyze visitor's behavior and demographic information. We only collect de-identified information through GA and it is not technically Personal Information. You can always opt-out of Google's data collection on here(https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.)
- Hotjar: Hotjar is an analytics tool for visualize your behavior on our websites crafted by Hotjar Ltd.("Hotjar"). We use Hotjar to understand your behavior by creating heatmaps, tracking conversion, and recording the path you move on our websites. We only collect behavioral information, not Personal Information through this service. If you do not want to be tracked, you can just turn on 'Disable Hotjar' on this page(https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out).
- Mixpanel: Mixpanel is also an analytics tool for websites provided by Mixpanel, Inc. ("Mixpanel"), We can understand your behavior across websites and other applications. We do not collect any Personal Information without your consent through Mixpanel. You can be easily opted-out by turning on 'disable tracking' options on your browser settings.
- Intercom: We use Intercom to communicate with our users. You may opt-out of Intercom informational emails by using the 'Unsubscribe' link included in every email. For more information, please visit Intercom's website(https://www.intercom.com/).
You have a right to be informed of Personal Information handled by Pixelic, especially rectification, correction, erasure and restriction of processing. You also have the right to receive from us a structured, common and processed format of Personal Information you provided to us.
Wherever you have provided consent, you may withdraw it at any time, without affecting the goodwill of the processing that was carried out prior to withdrawing it. Whenever you withdraw consent, you acknowledge and accept that this action may have a negative effect on the quality of the Pixelic and its Services. You further agree that Pixelic shall not be held liable with respect to any loss and/or damage to your Personal Information if you decide to withdraw consent. Where Personal Information is processed for the above purposes on the basis of Pixelic’s legitimate interests, under the GDPR, you may object to such processing at any time. To do so please contact us(firstname.lastname@example.org).
We value your trust in providing us with your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.
548 Market St. #42341
San Francisco, CA 94104